What are my treatment options?
- Physical Therapy*
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
- No side effects.
- Supported by clinical research*.
- Customized to treat the underlying cause.
Components of Your Care:
- A thorough biomechanical evaluation.
- Customized treatment plan.
- Extensive patient education.
- Hands-on techniques to relax the muscles and recover mobility.
- Stretching for tight muscles.
- Strengthening of weak muscles.
- Mobilization of stiff joints.
- Modalities such as ice, heat, ultrasound or electrical stimulation.
Your Recovery Process:
- Pain Relief
- Restoration of Normal Movement
- Recovery of Function
- Independent Care.
Everyone is different. You may require one or two visits, or an extended care plan over several weeks or months. If you’re ready for relief, and tired of “masking” your pain, treat the cause, not just the symptoms!
* Physical therapy has been proven to be as effective as surgery. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005 May:64(5).